Seller’s Permit (State Sales Tax ID)


If you sell product, you probably need to collect sales tax in your state. To do that, you will likely need to obtain a seller’s permit or a state sales tax ID. Swyft Filings’ team of experienced professionals can help you obtain your permit (or help you apply for exemptions) so you can focus on doing what you love – grow your sales.

Get started today

Or Call To Order 1-877-777-0450
Trusted by thousands of businesses in all 50 states
20,000+ Reviews
Simple and Easy

Swyft Filings made a daunting task seem quite simple.

Matthew N Verified Order

How It Works

Let us help you find and apply for the right seller’s permits and sales tax ID’s.

image description
We do the research

We will find out what permits you need to operate your business at the local, state and federal levels. Don’t spend hours researching all of the various levels of governments and agencies. We may also be able to help you apply for exemptions if you qualify.

image description
Help you with the applications

Then, we put our business experience to work to help you with the applications to make sure they are done right and done timely.

image description
Then, you get back to work

With Swyft Filings, we do all the work, so you can get your seller’s permits fast and get back to doing what you love – growing your business.

Why You Should Let Swyft Filings Help You Get Your
Seller’s Permits Or State Sales Tax ID

Our knowledgeable staff has years of experience handling every type of filing for customers of all sizes.
Do what you love, let us handle the paperwork‎.
Experienced Professionals

Swyft Filings knows exactly what licenses you might need and where to look. Let us do the leg work, so you don’t have to worry about it.

Fast & reliable service

Our team gets right to work putting its vast professional experience to work for you. We will find the necessary seller’s permits and make sure the paperwork is done right.

Avoid the Headaches

Each city, county and state often employ slightly different requirements. Rather than research and figure out exactly what seller’s permits you may need for each agency, let our professionals handle it for you.


Set up our service and forget it. We’ll gather some basic information from you and take care of it. You can then focus on what is important to you – your business.

We Take Care of Business, Your Business

Thousands of customers nationwide rely on Swyft Filings to take care of their business tasks

A++ Service

They are great. Fantastic support...Before, during and even after completion. The place to get it all done++.

Steve Verified Order
Fantastic Customer Service

Joel provided excellent customer care! I greatly appreciated his help and kindness in going the extra mile to call me back after the call was dropped (even though the process was nearly complete). He made this as easy as it could possibly be for me, answering every question he could --- and I appreciate that!

Matilda N Verified Order
image description

Free Business Name Search FAQs

Still have questions? Call 877-777-0450 or Live Chat with us for real-time support

In most states, you are required to collect sales tax from customer for any product that you sell. To do that, and to help your state or other local government, you will have to obtain a seller’s permit.
That can be a more complicated question than you may first imagine. You may want to speak with a professional accountant about what sales you make require the collection of sales tax. As a general rule, if you have a physical nexus (or fancy word for physical connection as it relates to your sales) with the state where a sale of product is made, you will have to collect sales taxes. When you are dealing with e-commerce, it gets more complicated and you may want to talk to a specialist.
In many states, you only have to obtain one permit at the state level. Some jurisdictions may require, however, that you obtain one from your county or city government as well.
It is a tax imposed by state and local governments “in exchange for the privilege” of selling goods in their jurisdictions. Most companies pass through the sales tax to the customer, but it is your responsibility to collect them. If you are making sales of taxable property, you are required to register to collect sales tax in any state in which you maintain a substantial physical presence. If you then make a sale in a state where you have registered, you are required to collect sales tax on any order delivered to that state unless a valid exemption is applied - applicable to the purchasing entity or the nature of item sold.
Some sales are exempt, meaning not subject to, state sales taxes. You may want to visit with your sales tax specialist because it is not always clear, but generally speaking there are some types of transactions that are more likely to be exempt. By way of example, the following may be exempt: non-profits may be exempt, purchases for raw materials by manufacturers, resellers, drop shipments, necessity goods at your grocery store may be exempt, intangible goods and services, goods sold to governments. While it can be complicated, to be entitled to some of these exemptions, you may need a license Swyft Filings can help you with such as a reseller’s permit.

We're here to help.
Call 1-877-777-0450 to speak with a Business Specialist